February 17, 2009

It's the begining....kind of...well...

Well, today I begin keeping track of events happening in my"habitat"

I've been a single mom for nearly 7 years. Although I don't think I was ever 'not' on my feet, I'm going to say I'm back on my feet.

Last October I found out that I've been approved/pre-qualified to purchase my first house thought Habitat for Humanity! Although it doesn't feel like much has gone on since then, when I think about it one thing at a time, there's been a number of events that have been going on.
My first order of business with habitat was the Mystery Breakfast. This was a fundraiser for Habitat at which I was one of the guest speakers. This was a bit intimidating for me since it had been YEARS since I had spoken in front of a group of people. This was not just your every day group of people though, it was a group of about 400 people, YIKES!

I also have completed (well almost) a class about finances. It was a good class and very helpful for the Mom who's never been the best at saving money. I recently also had classes on being a good neighbor and being safe in my home. These are good things to know and go over from time to time.

This weekend I will be working at another Habitat fund raiser they call "The Soup Bowl". I also have another day of educational classes so it's going to be a long weekend.

The best and worst new as of today is that I still don't know where my house will be. This is good news because I'm not being offered a home in another city and bad because I'm not being offered a house in the city where I currently live. Honestly not real sure how to feel about the whole thing!

Tami

No comments: