March 28, 2010

IDK...

I'm not sure if you have been keeping up with this but did you know that the first build day for our home is a little less then 3 weeks away? Holy cows I say!

I have waited and tried to be so patient for so long and now that it's here it seems like it's come too quickly. I'm not sure I'm ready! So many questions go running through my head. So many thoughts about moving, getting packed, getting the apartment cleaned and painted, getting all my sweat equity completed. It's all so overwhelming. My poor little brain hurts all the time any more. I need a pad of paper and pencil tied around my neck 24 hours a day so when I have the crazy thoughts and remember things I can just write it down. Because, if anyone knows anything about me they know that I have a terrible memory!

I have had a copy of the floor plan for a few weeks now and I have a few small concerns, but over all it seems very nice and I like it. It is small, and it isn't your "typical" floor plan, please remember it is mine and I love it!

Thank you to my wonderful brothers for all of their helpful thoughts and concerns too. You guys are the best! I don't know how to thank you enough.

I go past the lot several times a week and still can't believe it's mine. Is it real? Am I dreaming?

I have been doing some packing. Just a little bit on the weekends, but I so wish I could get into the full swing of it. You are going to think I'm nuts, but I enjoy the packing. I can go through all of my things, see what I have, get rid of things I no longer need, and make a list of the things I may need to find or purchase. NOW, the moving part sucks! I don't like taking the box to the car, take the box in the house, back and forth, back and forth, UGH!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'm so darned excited for you... and I can't wait to get to the site and start helping with the build! I'd love to see the floorplan... think you could scan and post it? :)

I'm sure you must be going crazy with all the lists of things to ask, do and take care of, but I hope you'll do your best to just soak and enjoy in the experience. You've worked so hard to get this far, and I'm so proud of you and gushing with happiness for you! I have tears in my eyes just typing out this message. (I'm a total sap, I know! LOL)

I love you sister!
XO
Jodi